Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

help getting started...

Hi all!I've been a die-hard Fly!(2) fan all my sim chareer, but after a friend showed me the 767 PIC i must say i was impressed. So impressed that i went out and bought msfs2k2 and 767 pic.Anyway, to the question; scenery? I'm looking for freeware mindboggling eyecandy. As you can see, i try not to set too high standards ;) .Seriously though, can you guys give me a few pointers? I would prefer swedish airports, beeing a swede, but anything goes!Any other must-haves? AFCAD and stuff?Thanks a bunch!CheersAndy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Geez...what do we do, guys & gals? Do we pounce all over this thread and list goodie after goodie until he's so overwhelmed we lose him back to Fly :) ???For payware, FSnav and any FSD aircraft if you like smaller planes as well. FSUIPC is essential....the landclass stuff....the textures...I don't even know where to start :DIf you like Carrier Ops there's the navy planes and the catapult stuff...How 'bout I say FSnav and FSUPIC and everyone else can list there favorite "candy" which will work and which you will be able to find/plan with if you get the above two listed progs.michael

I suggest you to start with the default, tweak all the available options to get the best out of the eye candy/performance balance. this is going to give you a lot of fun!!After that: Night textures, Moon, Sun, Rain, Snow, and of course, clouds:http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenu2002.htmlRun and grab them all, They are great Taxiway signs for selected airports: (great)http://www.taxiwaysigns.com/OCEAN TEXTURES AND EFFECTS:Do a search in the Avsim Library for OCEANTX.ZIP and OCEANFX.ZIP and the great utility to install them.The best freeware plane ever: Falcon 50, Do a search on the libraryand A wonderful Autogen Utility: AITOGENIUS, I don have the web site on this one, but I can tell is one of the best things around, a must have. Please somebody post the site.all of them are for free, they will give you at least a busy weekend to startGabriel Ruiz