Sign in to follow this  

To Allen Kriesman or scenery expert

I need your help, I just uploaded 7 Scenery file of my country to avsim and flysim library without the .scf file, I created it for me not to share so the problem is that I didn't notice abt the share issue really forgot and uploaded the files, There is any way to have those file working without the SCF file?, I uploaded last week and only one person notice abt the scf file that is missing in all my scenery files and of course it didn't work, I know that other people has downloading my files but no complain yet. Could be this file working without the scf file just putting in the share folder?Appreciatte your comment and help.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Guest Hagar

Everything you put in the /Shared folder will work without a scf file.But I wouldn`t recommend it for scenery. Save the /Shared folder for important files like Allen`s or Biber`s model pod files, which MUST be in this folder. For the rest, you should make a folder with the name of your scenery under Fly2/Scenery, and there you`ll have to put in the scenery files & scf file. The scf file must reside in the same folder as your scenery files, else Fly II won`t load it.

Tks Hagar, the problem is that I don't have the .scf file and I uploaded all files without then, so what should I do, can I make the scf file and uploaded in the library as a additional and How can get the scf file.pls informrgdsCesar/Venezuela

Guest Hagar

You will have to re-slice the scenery in order to get a scf file that list the coordinates for the area to be loaded. I don`t know how to make the scf manually, I always let Terrascene or Terramodels make it for me. The scf file can be edited in Notepad, where you fill in the pod files to be loaded. Here`s an example, a scf made by Terramodels: ==== BEGIN SCENERY FILE ==== ---- scenery set name ---- Terramodels Project: NZV ---- coverage area lower left ---- 58 46 06.81 N 5 32 52.85 E ---- coverage area upper right ---- 59 00 01.66 N 5 42 09.62 E ---- load lower left ---- 56 52 06.81 N 3 38 52.85 E ---- load upper right ---- 60 54 01.66 N 7 36 09.62 E ---- pod file ---- Enzv2.pod ---- pod file ---- TMNZV.pod ==== END SCENERY FILE ====You add a new scenery area like this: ---- pod file ---- Newarea.podIt is VERY important that after writing in ---- pod file ---- you must press Enter, then TAB to get to the area name. If you fill in spaces with the space bar, it won`t be read by Fly II.

Many tks for your advise, I will try to make new Scenery again.rgdsCesar/Venezuela