Sign in to follow this  

2 questions for FS Imports

Guest Dean

Padraic,How difficult would it be to have FS Imports create *.epds with scf files so the scenery could be stored in the scenery folder instead of the shared folder? Some scenery areas are quite large and with all of them loading into Fly II at startup there will probably be some performance issues developing as the library in the shared folder grows. I have tried writing a *.scf file for some converted .epds but I've not been able to get them to load so I must be missing something. Question 2. FS Imports appears to leave the *.act and *.raw files for the last area converted in the art folder. If I was to create a TS2 area for the same globe tile that I just converted and copied the act and raw files into the correct FlyIIdataTS2 folder for that globe tile, would that airport scenery be poded together with the TS2 scenery so that both sceneries would be in one pod?

Thnaks Dean,I have a newer version of FSI which no longer uses the SHARED folder. I mentioned in one of these threads. I will release this when tested and stable. This will reduce RAM usage and so not penalise FPS so much.I do not know anything about TS.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest Dean

>This will reduce RAM >usage and so not penalise FPS so much. I found bumping the number of 256_565 texture slots up to about 60 helped the fps issues that I ran into with converted scenery. I'll try out the TS2 question when I get some time. A third question. ;) Why EPDs instead of PODs? I'm wondering if this will allow a TS2 scenery pod with the same name for the same area to load simultaneously?

EPD's were a "new" pod format in the original Fly!, and stood for "Extended PoD" to allow for longer filenames. However, in Fly! II .pod files can now be in version 2 or version 3 format. Version 3 supports longer filenames as well, and additional information not in the EPD format (such as version, load priority, etc.).Rich