Sign in to follow this  

UK photo scenery.

VFR photo scenery of the UK is getting a 'lot of press' over in the 'other sim',with the release of the first amazing 'Visual Flight VFR scenery CD'. However we have some more available for Fly! very soon as I'm uploading Paul Brooks 'UK North West' scenery in 4 parts.There is nothing in my view like navigating your 'GA flight sim aircraft' over the real countryside below. It's why I first fell in love with this sim (thanks Todd Klaus for Terrascene) and now we can have the same in the UK, not just from ,accurately placed textures' but from real photos.Get you 'UK sheet 2171 Northern England' map out and find that elusive 'Manchester Low-Level Corridor' into Manchester Airport,Woodford and Barton or take a flight over the Snowdon range near Caernarfon. Great stuff.Paul describes his scenery compilation thus:North WalesEGCCWoodheadWoodfordThe 4 complete sceneries cover and area of approximately 13,500 square miles.1:North WalesAirports are Caernarfon (EGCK), Valley (EGOV) and Llanbedr (EGOD).2: EGCCThe airports are Manchester (EGCC), Woodford (EGCD) and Liverpool (EGGP).If you take off from Liverpool tune into Pole Hill VOR (112.10) and fly to it and fly about one mile past the VOR and turn to 180 degrees and tune ILS 109.5 Manchester 24R.This is the approach used by all aircraft during bad weather (and here in Manchester we get more than our fair share).Note Woodford runway has a miss-placed 'Fly! tower'to be removed. 3: WoodheadThis is the area covered in the approach to Manchester there are no airports on this half tile, but if you take off from Sheffield (EGSY) and tune to MCT 113.55 which is the Manchester VOR you will fly over the Peak District and then tune to Wallasey 114.10 and then Caernarfon (NDB 320) which will take over Snowdonia moutains so make sure you are at least 4000 feet.4: WoodvaleThis the area north of Liverpool and the airports are Woodvale (EGOW), Warton (EGNO) and Blackpool (EGNH) The scenery goes as far as Fleetwood and the the river Wyre.Many, many thanks Paul.Here are a few pics of mine:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Guys,when I can I will upload the airports and aerodromes I have been working on...Barton Aerodrome, Woodvale, Warton and Caernarfon(How do I move the Derek here)? Oh and Manchester. I love to Fly over the snowdon area quite a lot as a member of my family has an inn at the foot of Mount Snowdon.I will be back soonSteve Brown