Sign in to follow this  

Need help with GF stuff!

I have been enjoying my GF-t8, p8, and GF-45 immensly. They have truely enhanced my flight experience.Today I received two GF-166's and the version 1.2 software. I installed the two units, upgraded the software, configured everything, and now some of the T8 and P8 buttons won't work. The 166's are configured as Nav 1 and Nav 2 and both light up but only one works properly. They both show frequencies but only one will change between standby properly. If I reassign Nav 1 and 2 between the two units, Nav 1 will always work properly so I do not believe it is an equipment issue.If I take the GF-166's out of the configuration and reload v 1.14, the T8 and P8 works perfectly. The GF-45 works perfectly regardless.Any ideas??Larry

My thanks and kudos go to Doyle at GoFlight for the prompt attention and customer support in getting everything to work. :-beerchug I highly recommend the Go Flight equipment and the customer support that comes with it. Larry

Guest jabberthecat

I second your comments about his customer support. I just got my GF-45 and GF-P8 ( adding to LGT, T8, and 166 I got Monday ) and hadseveral question about how to use the GF-45. He responded very promptly and got me going.MylesPS - just finished a nice "test" from from Renton to Tacoma with the Archer. Very nice - used the GF-45 to run the autopilot. I have the mags/engine start on the P8, alt/bat masters on the T8. Never touchedthe keyboard to fly the plane ( except for the ~ to call up the ATC menu ).My setup is :P3 1Ghz, GF3CH USB YokeGoFlight LGT, T8, 45, P8, and 166

I did get my question answered and it even meant Doyle sending me an upgrade to the GFDev2k2.gau file.I'm using a T8 for all the lighting, parking brakes, and spoilers. The P8 for autopilot through the GF-45 and 2 166's for Nav 1 and Nav 2. What a difference it makes in keeping hands off of keyboard.It's time to think about a second rack for all the engine switches.