Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

MAPS AGAIN

Thanks to Alejandro for uploading Alaska maps. The first one for Anchorage works fine, but the others come up, but only at the 100% level. Changing them to a different level makes them disappear.I noticed in my FlyII book that you were one of the beta tester for fly. Appreciate any help as I,m trying to get Fly up to speed on my computer. Thanks.Richard. (Now that I,m retired I have lots of hours to mess with this stuff)

Guest Fly II Pilot

Richard:While at SFO I selected the Billings South Section map at 25% and, sure enough, it doesn't show it. However, if you first teleport to a place shown on the chart (e.g. POY) then you will be able to reduce the size without a problem. If you reduce the Billings chart to say 75% you'll notice that on the bottom it looks like a puzzle. That's the area of the map not being used by Fly! As long as you fly North of parallel 44

Guest Rob Westhouse

Which maps seem to have this problem. If you are not sure which map it is, list the nearest airport you are at. I'll then see if I can determine the problem.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Guest ben_

RobNice to see you around again.Is there anywhere that describes which maps need correcting and what is the method to do it? Due to video card problems I stuck with Fly2k. By the time I was able to get Fly2 working (and the then 2 crashes this year ##### well :-) ) , I have not been able to get an accurate map view. I half-heartedly downloded some map corrections but they don't seem to have changed anything.Thanks for any help.Ben

I seem to be ok now. We changed a couple of the rendering options for FS2002 for the video card and everything deems to have cleared up except for Las Vegas which dosen,t show up at all. Can only select Las Vegas South as Las Vegas North dosen,t seem to be there.The patcjes for the map pack seem ok so far. Thanks Rob and Alejandro!

Guest tonyc

Hei, Rob. I checked your site in which there's a tutorial as well as tools for map making, and find that some of the links are dead. Perhaps you could upload the tools and the tutorial to Avsim? I want to try my hand at approach charts, but don't want to start from scratch, given that you've done so much work and , I am sure , have a great deal of wisdom to share.tony