Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

FLY 2 and Radio Problem

HII just fully patched Fly 2 and for some reason while I am in flight and I install another aircraft, the ATIS radio message comes on and I can't shut it off? I have tried changing the radio frequencies and it does not work? Can anybody assist? ThanksRichard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RichardYou may need to provide some more detail here, I'm not sure what you mean by "while I am in flight and I install another aircraft".Each radio has two frequency windows. The left hand one shows what you have tuned, the right hand one allows you to pre-select a channel and then switch it with the currently tuned one by pressing the swap button.Also, you need to make sure you're changing the Comm1 radio frequency.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hello Andrew.....thank you for getting back to me. Generally what happens is when I load a non default aircraft I immediately get 2 ATIS messages scrolling across my screen...it sounds like an echo effect. I am just curious is it normal when you first start a particular flight plan with a particular aircraft, the ATIS message scrolls across the top or do you have to tune the Comm1 radio to that particular frequency?Secondly if I am already in flight say with one of the default aircraft and I opt to replace it with another aircraft by going to the aircraft menu, I get the ATIS message again even though I may be miles from the airport??? I would really appreciate if you would kindly explain what the normal radio seqquence should be and secondly what settings can I check to mitigate this problem. Thank you very much for your interest and assistance. This forum is really great.best regardsRichard (Victoria, BC)ps. where are you located?

RichardOK. That's a bit more to go on. Let's see what we can do.When you load an aircraft, Comm1 is generally set to 118.00. If you're in range of a communication facility that's on this frequency then you'll start to hear whatever is being transmitted on that freq. This could well be ATIS but depending on where you are it could be absolutely anything.So, the first step is to tune ATIS for the particular airport that you're at. (The exception to this is if you've got an IFR flight plan; then you'll want to open the flight plan with an FSS first).After that, then you'll be talking to GND, TWR, DEP and CTR, generally in that order. Each controller will hand you off to the next.I don't think I've heard the echo that you mention, you might look at your sound card drivers to see if there's a later version.It's been a while since I used the in-sim ATC though. Vatsim provides a much more realistic feel with real life human controllers and pilots. http://www.vatsim.net is the website.>>ps. where are you located?That would be 18 miles SW EGSH :-) (Teleport to EGSH, take off, fly 225 for 18 miles and you're just about there :-beerchug ).Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hey Andrew thanks for your very informative response. I really appreciare the tips. I will check out the site you mentioned and give it a go and will let you know how it works out. On a somewhat different query have you had any luck flying helicopters in Fly 2? I find them to been extremly unstable, unlike FS 2002. Any suggestions or referrals as to how to fly them?I live on the very west coast of Canada, Vancouver Island and at the southern most tip in the capital city of Victoria. We are just north of Washington State by some 20 miles. Does that help? How long have you been using Fly 2? One last question is their a good cloud set availble for Fly 2 like there was for the orginal Fly? Talk to you soon.RegardsRichard

RichardHope I've been able to help.Helicopters, no, don't go near the things. Too many bits looking to take chunks out of you if you're not paying attention :-). Post another thread and I'm sure someone will pick up on it. There are some modified flight models available and there are a lot of control options you can tweak as well.There are some clouds in the library here at Avsim. A search should pick them up. I think the author was called Jure.EGSH is Norwich, over on the other side of the pond. The blunt bit that sticks out closest to Europe. There is some scenery for it in the library but it's based on the default runway positions which are a little skewed.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Thanks Andrew for your assistance. I hope you don't mind if I give you a shout back if I experience any more radio problems. Hope you have a fun Christmas and a bright New Year!!!Richard

No problem. Have a great Christmas yourself.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH