Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

US TerraScenery: Best VFR places

I've created TerraScenery for most of the Rockies, areas around Salt Lake, Grand Canyon. I'm looking for additional suggestions for beautiful VFR scenery. Criteria: Places around the US where using TerraScene will result in wonderfully visually-beautiful ground scenery for flying. Any suggestions other than the above are appreciated.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi DaveHow about the "fingerlakes region" in central NY. With the different lakes and the hilly elevations of the south compared to the flat northern part, I think that would be nice. Also the adirondack mountain area is a good possibility!Qdog

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dave:I agree with Qdog. I lived in Syracuse KSYR for 6 years and flew quite a bit around the area, in real life that is...I've also Terrascened the area and it comes out very nicely. I recommend that you also include as far Northeast as the Lake Placid area (which will then include the Adirondacks), it's a very nice approach. Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Can I ask you for some TerraScene instructions? Example, 60 square miles around Syracuse.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

With the new release of Fly!2, this got pushed waaaaaayyyyy down in the forum. Hoping to revive this topic.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.