Sign in to follow this  

Online ATC...what do I / how do I

Hello there Fly!II brethren and sistren,I would like to begin using ATC for online simming. Can anyone point me point me to a post or explain what software, setup...etc. I need to do this?Thanks in advanceblkwlsn

Guest tonyc

You need to join Vatsim first. Then, once you have your password and your id number, you can download SuawkBox for FLY2 and start having fun. Once you've done these two, let us know and we will walk you through. Oh, if want voice, download RogerWilco also.tony

Hi Tony,Joined VATSIM. Downloading SquawkBox for Fly1II as I type. Question. Can I use the version of Roger Wilco version that shipped with the 3 disc set of Fly!2k for Fly!II,?Thanksblkwlsn

Guest tonyc

Yes, you can. I would, however, pick up the latest version, just in case. When it's time to set up squawk box, you have to be very careful about entering the relevant data. The plane number, I believe, should be at least 6 characters long, for example, UAL302, and not UAL3. Download Servinfo, also. This program tells very quickly which ATC centers are active. Once you see which centers have some activity, for example, tower, ground, apporach, departure, center, PIck an airport where there's only ground or tower and very little activity. This way you get some practice without annoying all the other flyers. Be sure to tell the controller that it's your first time. YOu can do this in the flight plan. This, too, the flight plan, must have all fields completed. REad the instructions very carefully. Let me know where you stand, and I'll walk you along, especially when things go wrong. tony

Tony,I too have been trying to find a way to fly on-line with FlyII because Tri`s server is so unstable. I have one question though-will I be able to chat with other pilots also or only ATC? Ex: If me and a couple guys want to do some short airport hopping?Qdog

Guest tonyc

You can chat with your fellow pilots on a Unicom frequency. It's really a lot of fun, and it creates that sense of being in the real world. Keep on thing in mind... that when all things go wrong, you simply disconnect and no one will be upset with you. So, ou learn as you go along, and when things get too busy or confusing, pull the chord and restart all over. That's the big difference between the real world and atc on line. Go to the VAtsim site and get their tutorial. tony

Appreciate the help Tony...(Mr. "C") :)When I get back home (Jan 1 2003) ...Happy new year to you...I'll give it a go.In the mean time, have a great holiday.blkwlsn