Sign in to follow this  

Departing Runway 6 @ EHAM?????

Ok folks, its as real as it gets but my ATC (Virtualy Speaking) IS SENDING ME TO DEPART ON RUNWAY 6 This is a runway that is used for landings only and not for departures as it would take you directly Over Amsterdam and thats not allowed. See all the SID;s and Stars.So can anybody tell me how we can get this out of the program or is there a clue.I tryed getting the wind toi do the job but even with 40knt of tailwind there is only runway 6 for departures. It schould be 1L or 19 or even 24 that is beeing used every day.Please adviceMikePolarairways.comThe Dutch virtual Airline for the world

Guest lmoelleb

Close it for takeoff using AFCAD - you can also close runways for landing, but it's slightly more complex. The TTools forum is the place to look for details on this.

Guest GalacticCowboy

By default, the ATC always use the (single) longest runway for both arrivals and departures. No use of parallel runways, etc. AFCAD lets you assign multiple runways, add new parking areas and taxiways that would otherwise be unused, etc.

Polarair,then I've got a nice surprise for you:do the following:in AFCAD,open EHAM.Make all runways (except for 22/4) the same length!then close 19R,01R,09 and 06.Now you will have two active runways:one for landings and one for take-offs.you will have 01L,19R,09 or 24 for take-off (depending on the wind) and 06,19R,01R or 27 for landings (also depending on the wind).this will be like real life!e.g. when the wind is coming from the west,you' ll have 24 for take-off and 27 for landing.wind is coming from the south=>19R for landings and 19L for take-offwind coming from the north=>01r for landings and 01L for taje-offwind coming from the east=>09 for take-off and 06 for landingsregards,Seba

Thanks for all the help,Ill get AFCAD this weekend to work on my problem.Again thanks,MikePS Mircosoft should work on this one in general