Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Breaking News: USA is Purchased by Delta Airlines

Below are the first secret photos released in the National Enquirer...(Note that all three photos are of the same aircraft.)-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

David:That shouldn't be too hard to fix, it's a matter of creating one more texture combination and editing the .LOD file for the VC32 (with PMDG's authorization). If nobody takes a shot at it, I will when I return from vacation in mid January.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

David:I made an attempt to fix it but to do it correctly I'd have to spend at least 3 or 4 hours modifying the night textures.The way Fly! II handles the night textures is by having a single texture per condition so in PMDG's case this is how they've handled it:- External Lights Off and Cabin Lights Off = Delta Night Model- External Lights Off and Cabin Lights On = Delta Night Model A- Nose Light On, Tail Light Off, Cabin Lights On = VC32 night model B (correct)- Nose Light Off, Tail Light On, Cabin Lights On = VC32 night model C (but with errors -center texture on pilot's side is reversed, two front windows are not lit and the tail is the Delta's-)- Nose Light On, Tail Light On, Cabin Lights On = VC32 night model D (correct)So, in addition to the high, medium and low detaild day models, there are another 5 textures that cover all the possible night combinations.The demonstrator, the Delta and the VC32 all use the same night textures for all lights off (which doesn't seem to be used at all) and all exterior lights with cabin lights on.To fix this, I'll have to create the TIF files to replace the Delta textures and edit the incorrect ones. I'll probably use one of the existing files that are correct as a starting point and its respective ACM file. (I think the best thing for the All Lights Off texture, is to take the Day texture and then reduce its luminosity.)Then I'll have to create two new .ACM files that will point at the new .TIF texture files. (Have to be careful to use the right combination of TIF and ACM files because the cramming of the Delta is different to that of the VC32).Finally, I'll have to edit the .LOD file and point to the two new .ACM files.It may sound complicated but it's not, it's just tedious to change all those textures.When I get back from vacation I'll take another shot at it.Happy Holidays!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

I would check with PMDG first - they may be considering a final patch now that Fly!2 can handle the night textures. See related post in the PMDG forum.... http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID32/538.html.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.