Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

VolNav autoweather InfoMetar

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Very, very nice Didier. I've looked at your aircraft menu, and you don't seem to have a way of "remembering" the aircraft of choice or entering new aircrafts.I have the B1900, for example, and it simply does not show up. Also, do you know of a way to send a flight plan directly to the GPS? I use "persistent world" for my flying and, upon loading FLY2, the location and the status of the aircraft is remembered perfectly. The adventure mode or the sit mode unfortunately reset both the location and the status of the aircraft. If a flight plan could be loaded into the gps, then this "persistent world" option could be incorporated in the way users fly and use their flight planning options. In the absence of an easy way to feed the fp to the gps, perhaps a simple dll that allows the "flight plan" to display in text form in the cockpit would allow the pilot to enter the data manually into the gps. Volnav would then provide users with two flight plans: one that goes directly to a sit and one for gps use only.tony

Hello Tony I'm coming back from holydays !I use too B1900 and it appear in my list as Aurora B200.I'll try also to remember the last choice of an aircraft in the ini fileFor the second point I can't answer you today. But I'll have a look in a future.DidierROTW

You're right, Didier. I found that the Aurora200 does point out to b1900 after my message to you. I have been testing the volNav, and it's a beauty. The autoWeatherr works beautifully, and currently this is the way I am using volnav: I've created one file name( flightplan.sit), so that the sit window does not get cluttered with too many flightplans. When I want to fly, I simply create a new flight plan and save it as "flightplan.sit". Since the "autoweather" box is checked, I don't need to worry about Infometar, unless I choose new weather conditions. In fact, when I have in mind a long flight with many stops, I simply download the entire weather and don't "thin"it with a flight plan. I save it under the same file name, .In FLY2, I load the "flightplan.sit" and the(entire) weather loads up automatically. The gps option would provide some additional features, such as the ability to land at an airport, unload or load passengers and continue the flight without having to restart the situation from scratch--that's where "persistent world" comes in. If the gps option is not practical, the ability to display volNav flight plan in the cockpit in a checklist formatwould at least enable the pilot to program the gps while having the window with the VolNav flight plan displayed.Thanks to you, Didier, we're bringing FLY2 closer and closer to more enjoyable flying.tony