Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Dedicated Roger Wilco Comming Soon

Guest dajackman

I am in the early stages of testing a dedicated roger wilco server that will be open to the Fly public. I do have a few questions and would like your ideas. How should the "channels" be configured? I was thinking of using just one common "unicom" for now. I was thinking of allowing other users to create a channel for any online events and such. Please let me know your ideas. The address will be posted soon.

Guest tonyc

You may want to chat with Lefteris( at PMDG) because SB and RW don't interact very well.He's had this project on his "to do" list for a long time. As you may know, unless the atc channel is typed in, RW will not register it. It be great if SB and RW were a "tighter" and a more intuitive combination. It seems to me that once the atc address is highlighted in the Directory , it should automatically load into RW if, of course, SB and RW have been configured to work that way.As to your question, I am not sure I understand it...., can you give me an example?tony

Guest dajackman

I'm not intending this to work with SB. I was thinking of this to be used with Tri's multiplayer server. I know their server is having problems but I'm hoping they will be fixed. I wanted to give voice capability to those who don't you SB. I posted this idea a few weeks ago and many said that they don't use SB and this would be great addition to multiplayer.An example would be: I connect to Tri's multiplayer server and connect to my Roger Wilco server. I now have a multiplayer enviroment with voice. The pilot can use my RW server as a common unicom or CTAF and we can communicate to other users.With that, do we want just one "channel" as RW calls it or should their be more than one ie. 122.7 and 122.8. Hope this helps. Thanks for your input.

Guest WilliamD

I don't want to throw a bullet into your furnace...cause it will explode...but have you looked at Teamspeak? The latest version is very reliable, it's free, and you don't have to register or nuthin'.My WWII Online squad uses it, and we have hundreds of players online at the same time. You can set up multiple channels, and I don't think it's terribly difficult. Please at least take a look at it.

Guest dajackman

I haven't really looked into but I have heard of it. The main reason for chosing RW was it had Linux support, which is what my server is running. Plus there is the RW plugin for Fly that a few people use. However I will take a look at Teamspeak. Thanks for the info.