Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

ROTW TBM700 Socata Problem (Mac Version)

Guest product

Hello All,I already sought help for this issue on the Mac forum, but no luck. I've been told that a Mac flier from the ROTW group participates here, so I thought I'd see if he (or anyone else) might be able to help me through this.I'm trying to load up the TBM700 Socata for Mac, but whenever I select the aircraft I receive the error message "Subsytem is not registered (tbmf)" and Fly2 quits. I've checked that I have the correct (Mac) version, have unstuffed all parts correctly, and placed the Dll's where they're supposed to go (at least according to other Mac users who have succesfully gotten this plane running). I even downloaded the file again to make sure my original wasn't corrupted somehow. I run a dual processor Power Mac 876, OS10.2.2 Any advice to help me get up and flying this plane would be appreciated, thanks!Best,Joel

Guest rene_35

Hi Joel,I send your post to our ROTW Mac coordinator.I think you will have the solution.Happy new year!

Hi Joel,Did you get any answer on this problem as I have it too. It also occurs at start up time, every other start of FlyII gives me the same alert panel on MacOS X. It started happening after I added the patch.Thank you,

Guest product

Hi,No, I haven't heard from anyone yet. I was hoping that someone from ROTW will eMail me for some assistance, if I hear I will let you know too.Best,Joel

Joel,I'm just curious, how many DLL's do you have in the modules/mac/ directory?

Guest product

Just the 3 that came with the TBM, I believe...Best,Joel

Joel,I had the same problem and error message you had with my first installation of the Socata. I found the solution, and just to confirm, I've been able to reproduce the problem with identical results "Subsystem not registered".The 3 dll's are compressed. You need to use Stuffit Expander to uncompress them and move them into your Modules/Mac folder. Make sure to remove all the compressed dll's from that folder after unstuffing them. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest product

Rich,I double checked, they don'ta ppear to be compressed (same icon as other dlll's, etc.) and stuffit won't do anything with them to uncompress them further.... their suffix is also DLL, not .sit or .bin or anything that's compressed. Could you tell me what folder you have everything in, and spell it out so I can try to duplicate the files exactly?Joel

Ok... from the tbm_mac Folder, I first placed the TBM700_v1.pod into Fly! II's aircraft folder. I then unstuffed the 3 dll's and placed them into mac folder that's within the modules folder. Note... there's also a Modules/Mac folder located inside the Fly! II's System folder. The dll's *don't* go in that one. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest product

That's my setup too... very frustrating!Joel