Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Another great flight planning discovery!!

Guest tonyc

I've been working with Didier great VolNav and, as some of you may know, it saves the flight plan into a *.sit file. What this means is that when you close FLY2 you lose the flightplan unless you load the same *sit file. Since I've been wanting to fly like the real regionals, that is start at one aiport and stop at another, and eventually end up at the original airport, I've always worked with the "persistent" word mode. This mode simply allows you to leave FLY2(close the program) and pick up the flight next time you restart the program. I just discovered that I can create long flight plans with VolNav, save them, start FLY2 by loading the situation, but when I exit, if FLY2 start up mode is the "persisten world", next time I load FLY2, the flight plan, the weather and the flight plan are still present--ready for me, the pilot, to pick up the flight where I left off. It's a great way to bring FLY2 closer to the way real flying is done. tony