Sign in to follow this  

Verified problem with C4TO and latest patch!

A couple of days back, I posted that with C4TO there was no visible frequency changes on the radios, but the comms worked fine.Well, I reinstalled FlyII patched with everything but the latest one, and C4TO worked just fine. Then I installed the latest patch, and same problem happened again!Here are my system specs:Win98SEAthlon xp 1600 Via Chipset motherboard with latest 4in1 driversDirectX 8.1512mb DDRGeForce3 ti500Ch GAmeport Yoke with rudder pedals and 3 gutted usb joysticks for mixture,prop and toe brake controlsI know there are others out there that are having my same problem, maybe we can establish what is the casue of the problem.Thanks,Tony in Miami

I believe I noticed the same problem since I patched to v 240.Also, I had a few CTD's while using simultaneously C4TO and Tony's checklist, what had never occurred with v. 230. In all my flights I was using the SkyHawk.I don't think my system specs may help, as v. 230 never caused me any crashes, but anyway :IBM Netvista w Duron 950; 512 MB; Gforce 3 4200 w drivers 30.82.Thanks and brgds to all,Mauriziofrom Italy

I was forgetting : the OS is WME.Bye,Maurizio

Hi Maurizio,I posted a question a couple of weeks ago re:Advanced Checklist and Advanced Logbook both by Tony Crider. I noticed neither of them were working properly and I was experiencing several CTD's. I received one response that matched and none to the contrary. Since removing both of these, I have not had a related CTD since.I also tried Flystart DLL (FSDLL.zip-6/6/02) by Alan Kriesman with disastrous results. AK's Flystart Utility (FLYSTART.zip-4/5/02) works great.Of the four add-ons I just listed, only the Flystart Utility does not have an associated *.dll file as far as I know. I'm not a computer programmer but my guess is the *.dll files are not compatible with the latest patch.Hope this helps,Robert

Thank you Robert;I share your idea but I think we need a final word from the authors of these dlls; what leaves me some doubts is that somebody else, I believe Randall Rocke but I might be wrong, wrote that C4TO was intensively used during the latest patch development, so maybe we have some additional reasons for our crashes.I'll perform some more tests, but as of now I believe that I only got CTD's if using both utilities (checklist and C4TO) in the same flight, not one at a time.I forgot to add, but I won't now, my thanks to the Fly! development team for this last effort, especially Richard of course.Kindest regards,Maurizio

Hi MaurizioIn a way, I was hoping to get some response from the authors of the *.dll's mentioned, such as "You are full of it Robert, my program works great, even with the latest patch". Then I would know it's me and could start digging deeper as to why these great add-on programs don't work on my computer.Regarding your comment about using two at the same time (C4TO & Checklist), I use C4TO on all my flights unless I'm just testing add-ons including aircraft, development, misc. etc.In my previous post, I was more specific about the associated problems I was having with Advanced Logbook and Advanced Checklist. Neither of them seem to work properly with or w/o initialization of C4TO. My CTD's appear to be related to attempting to use two or more add-ons at the same time similar to what I believe you are experiencing.Someday I might just get a response from one of these talented authors. But until then, I will fly with C4TO, w/o other *.dll that appear to be the root of my CTD's.Hope this explains what I was trying to say earlier.RegardsRobert