Sign in to follow this  

FLY2 crashes...

Guest Fly II Pilot

Frank:I checked your fly.ini and render.ini and both are OK so maybe you're right. The nv3-disp.dll sounds like an nvidia dll. Did you try removing all video drivers and installing all over again from scratch?I'll keep my fingers crossed...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Good morning Frank, I did some searching on the nv4-disp.dll. It looks like this is a Win-xp and Nvidia problem. Heres a forum post that I found discussing it. http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1007181509Im not working so I will try to dig up all I can find on this. Hang in there we will get this working eventually. It definately isnt just a Fly2 problem. Its in the card and WinXp issue. Just or curiousity sake, you do have onboard agp enabled in the bios? By default this is not enabled. In other words it will run video card as a PCI until you go into bios and enable AGP.TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Ok Frank, Heres some of what I have found. What can we do ????Hope and pray that Microsoft, Nvidia, Chipsetmakers come out with a good solution !!! (SOON).E-mail Nvidia, Microsoft, chipsetmakers en let them (detailled) know of the problems your in !!!There are some solutions for this problem for some systems....not all.* Always try the latest videocard drivers, GeForce users should try the latest Nvidia drivers* A faulty videocard could produce the same errors as metioned at the top of the page, to be sure try another videocard and try if your videocard will work on a other system with same operating system (XP).* Via based motherboard users take a look here: Viaarena* For some VIA "users" the "4in1 Drivers" did help* NVmax 4.00.47 Tweak program that says to the Infinite Loop Fix for all Operating Systems running Det. 23.00 or higher. download also here: VooDoo Files Charnleys* Some people are helped by 21.83 Drivers Nvidia* For some people these links helped: DDR Zone GeForce FAQ (use Ctrl+F to search on website) Moddin CREATIVE* Some BIOS setting that helped some people (at own risk): Video Bios Shadow - disable Video Bios Cacheable - disable System Bios Cacheable - disable C8000

Hello Tony,you're crazy :-)) My private coach...Your information seems to hit my problem - just didn't know, that there are so many unsolved things concerning GForce-series.Tried to get deeper into this dark forest of tips and tricks - some of them seem to make things better, but just for a little while. For reference aims I tried to install other games (like Baldurs Gate 2) and got the same problems during the intro video. One thing I found on my configuration was that the mainboard sound chip was still enabled, but I am using a separate PCI soundblaster card...Now I'm able to get into Fly2 for at least 10 or 15 seconds, sometimes more, but in the end --> crash!Because I bought my PC only 2 weeks ago, I called my dealer and he now will see what to do. Maybe a case of garanty. I am not willing to accept any kind of configuration that doesn't work (or work this way). So it now is the dealers problem...I will post the results... Again, many thanks for your help...Many greetings from Berlin, Germany,Frank

I would suspect the powersupply just like someone else metioned. Also, I hope you noticed the post that mentions that 41.09 nvidia driver is for DirectX 9.two easiest ways to rule out a power issue would be A) swap in a better powersupply (but you probably dont want to do that if its a brand new system, and could void a warrantee).:( disable everything you possibly can. unhook the printer, scanner, and if possible pull out the extra sound card (if this is one you added in yourself). If you can pull out some memory do that as well.Try it, see what happens. Random reboots are often the fault of too weak of a powersupply. And right when youre headed into fly! there is quite a boost in power draw. (Lots of files being read, memory being filled, sound card being intialized, video card mode being altered. etc...) If the problems lessen, it wont neccessarily mean it IS the power, but it certainly lets you know its either one of the things you removed, or a power issue.Good luck!CTD is another issue...

Frank Hiya,"One thing I found on my configuration was that the mainboard sound chip was still enabled, but I am using a separate PCI soundblaster card..."Ummm of course you did disable it correct???????? The onboard card."Hello Tony,you're crazy :) My private coach..."Ha Ha Ive been called much worse. :) Nah Im a trouble shooter by nature. I like making things work when they dont. But I will say this much I use Win98. Ive heard and seen too many things that WinXp doesnt like. Until they get the bugs out I'm not going buggy just trying to use it. :-hahI hope the dealer takes care of it what ever the case. nothing like having a PC that you cant use. Been there done that one. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/dedication.htmlhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/takeoff.gifTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Hello Tony and all the other helping hands...now I got my PC back from my dealer - and no software or .ini-problem, but just a RAM-module with an error... They exchanged it, tested it with 3DMark and now everything's fine :-))Now I have to download quite a bit of scenery, planes, tools... Thanks to all (and to Rich for this wonderful sim!),CiaoFrank