Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Surface Winds- No Effect Until Airborne?

I'm new to Fly2, and was wondering if my observation- that there is no simulation of the effect of wind during the takeoff run until the wheels are off the ground- is correct?Is wind more accurately simulated in Xplane or FS2002 with respect to its effect while on the runway, or is it just my imagination/pickiness? I know in Xplane, at least, you really have to pay attention to stay on course both before and after lift off.Any comments/observations on this would be appreciated, thanks.Best,Joel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JoelThere's an entry in fly.ini in the SIM section:percentOfWindOnGround=0Change that to a higher value and you should get some wind effects.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

IMHO, Fly2 by far gives the best sensation of crosswind during landing or takeoff. I can only find such a good model in AS2. In MSFS 2002, just as in 2000/98/95/5, your plane takes off or lands sideways an continues moving sideways with all of it wheels on ground!!! In X-Plane, rw contamination is taken into account, but the effects of crosswind are exagerated, IMHO!!!In AS2 an Fly2, it is as good as it can get on a PC-based flightsim...