Sign in to follow this  

P-51 Sounds.

Rene and all-I can't find the post now but someone on your great ROTW P-51 team mentioned getting some new sounds for the plane.I have an review from a 1999 UK flying magazine for a commercial CD called 'Avions Legendaires:Sons d'avions des annees 40-50'. It covered planes such as the P-51,Spitfires 5&14,P-63 King Cobra,Yak-52,Tiger Cat,Corsair,Skyraider,Hurel Dubois,Hirricane,Yak-11,B-17,P-47,Blenheim,Costellation,Magister and Fieseler Storch(now that last one would be a good plane for your next build!).All the planes are all very well recorded, not the usual 'recorded at an airshow stuff'.It's published by 'Burgundy Productions,21 Avenue de Ciney,BP115, 21140 Semur-en-Auxois,France. Tel:00 33 03 80 97 27 68 and was 159 francs.Perhaps they would OK the use of a few 'samples' in a flight sim, your're not 'payware' after all.In fact how do you do such amazing work without inevitably feeling the need for some payment for your time?Thanks for a really great plane, and please keep working on those 'torque' effects!I know that 'using that rudder'to keep the nose straight down the runway must be pretty difficult.DaveT

Guest rene_35

Hi David,thanks for the information about the sound, I'll try to find this CD.The team decided 3 years ago, to be a freeware producer (but each member is free to work on payware alone without the team label).For the moment it's OK. And it's a reason we can't produce faster, because our wives are not always agreed with the time we spent on the sim.Yes, we are thinking about the torque effect and the sound: but very slowly, the group is a little tired for the moment.

Rene, I understand the being tired part. I know even better about the wives not agreeing. :)So we dont want to cause any grief with them. Anyways I saw this post about the sounds. In another post here I replied back. You may have missed it. http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...ewmode=threadedIf and when you have time to read it. Let me know what you guys think. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/dedication.htmlhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/takeoff.gifTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09