Sign in to follow this  

SuspendOnTaskSwitch

In fly.ini, what function does "SuspendOnTaskSwitch=0 (and =1)perform when set to "0" and "1"?Curtis

Hi, since no one else responded, I guess I'll give my best guess.From what I remember, it halts all fly activity if you switch away from fly. Fly still keeps running, but it, if Im remember right, doesnt use processor usage, and I think has the equivalent effect of pausing the game. Its nice... esp if you are trying to set up a flight plan, and need to check charts etc, but if it truly does pause the sim, might cause a problem if you use online ATC. ('might', im just guessing)

This setting was added by Rich on my request, for Squawkbox use. Fly!2 had the tendency to freeze all processing while task-switched, and this would cause Squawkbox to disconnect from its server. Rich added this option so that it would allow background processing of any onIdle() loops, effectively alleviating this issue.Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

So I take it it doesnt pause the simulation then?