Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

FSimport 1.03 problem

Guest Dean

Has anyone else been able to use version 1.03? I installed 1.03 fresh and received an error message as soon as I entered in the airport ID and selected "airport". I uninstall 1.03, reinstalled 1.02 and verified it's operation. I then installed 1.03 over 1.02 and ran into the same problem.

Dean,I have not experienced your problem because I am using the area button instead of the airport button.What I have had a problem with is multpile "Bad Command or File Name" errors in the popup DOS window upon selecting Generate. The DOS window goes away and nothing is created.Alan

Guest chezz

I'm having the same problem. Infact when you click save changes in the text you typed in the fs_impt.txt disappear and reverts to the default FS_impt.txt. I've tried all combination to generate a scenery, even tried deleting my previous scenery (made using version2) nothing happens. Only error message in dos "Bad command or Filename".chrisrpll

Sorry to see you are having problems. The BETA testers reported nothing like these. Please check you installation again -1) If you are using a shortcut (from desktop) to FS_IMP.EXE make sure that the shortcut Properties has the correct path at the "Start in:" field. On WIN98 the path needs to be enclosed in double quotes "...."2) There are two new executables BUILD.EXE and DONE.EXE in the fs_imp folder. These are there to prevent multiple DOS windows as in the previous versions. If you delete or rename BUILD.EXE the converter should return to its old behaviour (multiple DOS windows).What version of Windows are you running ?Has anyone else, apart from me and the BETA testers, been able to use v1.03 successfully ?Worried:-( Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest Dean

>Dean, >>I have not experienced your problem because I am using the >area button instead of the airport button. >>What I have had a problem with is multpile "Bad Command or >File Name" errors in the popup DOS window upon selecting >Generate. The DOS window goes away and nothing is created. Alan, This is the same problem I have, I just didn't do a very good job of describing it from memory. I put in the airport ID, hit the airport button and it finds the airport correctly then I hit the area button and it locates the area correctly. After selecting generate I get the same message in the DOS window.

Guest Dean

Padraic,I am running Win 98SE. I just tried 1.03 again but this time renamed build.exe and it worked as expected.

Guest Dean

Well maybe not as expected! I have never had a problem converting KPHL before but now some jetways are elevated way above the the tarmac.

The "Bad Command ..." error may be on WIN98. FSI starts up a 2nd process (BUILD.EXE) and this should actually perform the generation in a single DOS window. I thought that something might go wrong on some systems (WIN version, Console settings, PATHs ...???) so I put in code to work as before if BUILD.EXE is not found.I dont like those floaters but cannot invesrtigate at the moment as I do not have access to my PC.Has anyone else had success with v1.03 to (1) convert (2) display newly converted sceneries in Fly! II ?Padraic (podjoe) Morgan.

Ok for me, Padraic : your program works great, great, great !!!!!I have only one problem, but I have to admit that there have been a lot of improvements since v1.So : my problem is that some areas on some airports apear green (just take a look at my pic - it will be better than my english).But a lot of progress have been done, specially with the taxiway conversion. Really a great job !The other pics are also converted airports (succesfully and completely converted !), one with the new AI : fantastic ! Those are working perfectly.Yves

Hi Padraic,1.I have also Windows 98 and expirience the same problems.What do you mean with rename or delete BUILD.EXE ?2.After returned to 1.02 successfully working I deleted and generated an old scenery and got by starting Fly the message "Cant load texture path ...".Deleting and generating again does not solve the problem.What can I do ?

Guest Javier

Podjoe:I renamed the Build.exe file and was able to convert 3 Airpots!! I have problems with one airport, but that might be a Scenery file problem or incomplete BGL files on the folder.You have done a great job!! I like the new options.I have turned off the AI because between planes there was also a Control Tower taking off and landing ( ???? ) It caught my attention to hear the sound of the AI Planes Engines reviving while I was at the RAMP and the AI plane was at one end of the runway ( far away from the RAMP ) rolling to take off.FSIMP has improved a lot! it is just that it requires some time and patience to figure out things and find where the error is.BTW I couldn't convert any of my Airports until I moved the ADD-ON scenery ( with the Scenery and Texture folders included ) into the NOFS folder inside FSIMP.THANK YOU PODJOE!Javier.