Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a Pacific island... :-)

Hi Fly!ers!I've been using Fly since it came out and still run the Fly! (one) version, patched till the SDK version.I recall from a few years ago that I was exploring the South Pacific islands, and one day flying from New Caledonia to Vila, Vanuatu or maybe to The Fiji Islands I passed an island which looked like a gigantic needle, rising up till around 10,000 ft or something like that. I also recall I slewed toward it to examine it closer. Later on I carried on with my flight and unfortunately, I forgot to take down a position for this island. The island seemed to sit there completely on its own, no closeby other islands have been sighted.Actually, it may even have been on a flight from another island to another island :-), the more I think about it, the less certain I am it was from New Caledonia to Fiji or whatever. Anyway; I have been frantically searching for it again recently, but failed to find it again. Is there anyone in this community who might recognise this and tell me where I have to look again?TIA,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!