Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

FS Imports & Taxiways

Guest Dean

I posted in a different thread about FS Imports 1.03 causing flights to begin on the active runway instead of on the apron. I found the answer. When "taxiways" is selected during the conversion of an airport, at least with Simflyers, the taxiways that normally appear in the vector map disappear and the A/C is located on the active runway at the start of the sim. If the scenery is converted without selecting "taxiways", the Fly II taxiways appear in the scenery and also in the vector map and the flight begins on the apron. It would be nice to have the converted taxiways and keep the vector taxiways so I can start on the apron and taxi through some of these beautiful airports. Any thoughts on how we can have the best of both worlds?

Guest chezz

Hi Dean,I guess what you wish would be possible if we will support Padraics thru our little contribution. Justy my two cents of thought on this issue. Also If I might add, perhaps those dynamic aircraft which are converted will be recognice by ATC and would appear in the vector map as if their are FLY2's AI (I notice their speed are twice the FLY2 default aircraft, could hardly catch-up with them).chrisphilippines

Guest Dean

>I guess what you wish would be possible if we will support >Padraics thru our little contribution. Chris,I appreciate very much the efforts that Padraic has put into his utility. While in some ways it is still an evolving tool, it has added to the enjoyment to Fly II. He has every right to ask for finacial support and you have every right to give it.There are also many other visionaries who have contributed their work for our added enjoyment of Fly II. ROTW, Todd Klaus, Allen Kriesman, David Sandberg and Marc Schrier are just a few of the other names that come to mind. I enjoy their shareware efforts as much or more so for me, I would feel a moral obligation to contribute to them also. A philanthropist I'm not. ;)