Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Fly!2...a part of aviation history

I spent the day today at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washinton D.C. I had the privaledge to see many of the aircraft that made aviation history: the Wright Flyer, Bell X-1, Spirit of St. Louis, Patty Wagstaff's Extra 260 and others. As I looked at each of the aircraft and tried to imagine them flying for the first time, I thought about my friends in the Fly! community. I saw many of the aircraft we fly in our simulation...Cessna 172, P-51, even the upcoming Beechcraft Staggerwing! I wish I could have seen Fly!2 demonstrated there to show just how great computer flight simulation could be (they had an old copy of MS Flight Sim 98 on display). I believe many of us share the same idea that our flight sim takes a place in aviation history as well...a computer simulation that is as real as it gets! :)As many of you know this year marks the 100th anniversary of flight. What would you think if we had a Wright Flyer for Fly!2 to fly at Wayne's FFA? Sounds fun to me!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"What would you think if we had a Wright Flyer for Fly!2 to fly at Wayne's FFA?"Dan,Believe it or not, I was thinking about the same thing. Wouldn't that be great?Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB