Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Landclass Assistant - Update

First of all, thanks to everyone who has downloaded the program (over 600 folks so far!) and especially to those who have taken the time to contact me with issues. That's how I can make the next release better!The good news is--so far, no one has recorded any bugs with the app itself. The bad news--a couple of XP users have had problems running the batch file I included with the program. One error is harmless--I accidentally typed a "#" instead of an "@" at the beginning of the batch file. It reports a bad command, then continues. Anyone can edit the file to correct my error.The other problem has been reported only by users of XP, and I'm stumped as to the reason why. It seems that even with the landclass.raw file copied into the same folder as the batch file, .inf file, and Terrain SDK tools, XP can't "see" landclass.raw when resample.exe is run from the batch file. Yet some XP users have no issues at all.If anyone has any suggestions I can forward to my users, I would much appreciate them.Thanks again for all your feedback! I'm already working on my second version, which will be released in a month or two. The good news--if you already have the current version, I plan on the second version being less than 200K in download size... Expect a few nice surprises in the next release(!)....Regards,John, KPHX

I can highly recommend Landclass Assistant, especially for adding small towns, villages where none exist in the FS2002 default scenery. For example, I am currently populating the south coast of South Australia - Victor Harbor, Port Elliot, Goolwa - an area which Microsoft clearly thought was devoid of inhabitants.The program is very easy to use once you get the hang of it and I have found John most helpful with support and suggestions.I look forward to his second, improved version.Airdog

I worked through the afternoon with one of my users, trading emails, and he was able to identify a fix for the XP problems.Apparently, if you "right click" the landclass.bat file, then go to properties, there is an option for "Windows 98 Compatibility mode". This allows the batch file to run as it's supposed to. Do this for all the Terrain SDK tools and/or the project folder (if that is an option). Here is a link from Microsoft which discusses this:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz...2february18.asp