Sign in to follow this  

Podded File Priorities

A general question about podded files:What determines the priority of which pod file fly reads and executes first? In the instructions for Didier Regault's PodCreator program, he mentions a "priority factor" but indicates that this factor is used for sceneries.Specifically: I have previously installed Roberto Vigetti's Default Aircrafts Fix v.2 which contains a pod file (AC_defaultFix.pod) of fixes for certain default aircraft. Since I enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together again, even if they are not broken, I dissected this pod file into its individual files, ex. TRI4.amp. Now obviously, if I place this file in the World folder, I realize the fly program will read this first overriding the default TRI4.amp located in the base TRI4.pod. But my question is why would fly use the TRI4.amp in AC_defaultFix.pod when located in the aircraft folder along with the original TRI4.amp located in TRI4.pod?BTW: I have successfully used the podcreator program to make pod files of aircraft *.epd files (such as ROTW's PA19 aircraft) so that the flystart utility program by Allen Kriesman will recognize them.Thanks for any responses in advanceRobert

Guest Fly II Pilot

Robert:The POD3 format has a mounting priority feature.When creating a POD from within Fly! II's File Manager (accessed by holding CTRL while starting Fly! II) you can indicate what POD format you want to use (2 or 3) and the mount priority. All default Fly! files have a mount priority of 1000.The Patch.pod file (found in the system folder) mount priority is 999. The lower the number the higher the priority.I'm not sure what mount priority Roberto used but I assume that it must have been 900 or so.This being the case, as long as you don't have any files in the specific folders (art, sounds, data, world, etc.) or even if you do but the searchPodFilesFirst parameter is set to 1, Fly! will first read the POD with the lowest mount value.Hope this answers your question.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Perfectly! Thanks very much, Alejandro.Regards,Robert