Sign in to follow this  

Wayne.....

Guest tonyc

considering the great contribution that you're making to scenery, this small questionrequest is almost embarassing. Why not add paths to your zip scenery files? The unzipping of these files requires this constant fear that I will inadvertently skip or save a file in the wrong directory. Just a question. Your contribution to populating FLY2 scenery is next to none, and I hope that you write TRI and hurge to include all of your sceneries in their newupgrade FLY3.tony

Guest Mike94

I want to thank Wayne for his contribution too! It's great to have all your airports!One question i have. Isn't it possible to upload all the airports in 1, 2 or 3 big ZIP files? Its a bit hard to to keep track of all the airports, esp. when you have to reinstall Fly!To have them all together in a big ZIP file would make it much more comfortable to reinstall the airports.Thanks a lot again,Cheers,Michael

Guest Eagle

All of your comments are appreciated and I try and do what you have requested.Tony, about unzipping to the correct directory could be a problem when using dynamic scenery. If the data directory does not exist I don't know what will happen to the file. Usually the data directory is made once you run Fly and go to the airport. Those of you who understand the directory structure of Fly can correct me on this.Yes, TRI is welcome to use anything that I have done and I would certainly work with them. All of this would not have been possible without Allen Kriesman and Biber Salsa and my thanks go to them.Michael, your idea is also a good one and I have thought of that. I could place all the airports for a particular state in one zip and a FLYer could pick and choose which ones they want to use. That type of zip could be updated monthly. I skip around in the creation of the airports. I may be working on a state and receive requests to do other airports.Thanks for your suggestions.

Guest Mike94

Thanks a lot for your reply, Wayne!Would be great to have all your airports in a zipfile! I'll look forward to it, and i will be the first to download it!Thanks a lot again for your great work!Cheers from germany,Michael

Hi Wayne,> If the data directory does not exist I don't know what will happen to the file.Most version of winzip have an option to create directories when you unzip a zip file. That way, correct relative paths can be stored in the zipfile, and it can be unzipped relative to Fly's root directory, and everything should work out.Your airports are great; Fly wouldn't be the same without them! I've downloaded all the ones you made for CA, OR, and WA, and coupled with Terrascened terrain it really makes for a nice VFR environment.John/madmax