Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

C4TO.DLL v3.1

Hello everyone,I've uploaded version 3.1 of the C4TO.DLL. [before anyone jumps all over me and tells me that any of the following is not realistic, let me say that I fully comprehend this. The solutions that I'm presenting are the best that I can come up with given the limitations of using a flight simulator. There is no Fly! II database that has all of the required data for me to know the geometry of controlled airspace. Consequently, I am making the assumption that the floor of a center controller's airspace is always airport elevation + 4000. That said, I am willing to accept suggestion and/or corrections if an acceptable alternative approach/assumption would work. So, feel free to let me know what you think and I'll see whether I can work it in.]Departure from an uncontrolled airport now requires the use of UNICOM frequencies and protocols. Use ALT-1 to taxi, ALT-4 to take the active, and ALT-5 to declare you are clear of the active. (I need to make an adjustment to the verbalizations. I realized a bit late that the heading and altitude declarations were in the wrong place.) After you climb to departure airport elevation + 3000, you can contact center as given by clearance delivery.Arrival at an uncontrolled airport will be corrected soon. Presently, I fabricate an approach frequency and hand you off from center to that approach controller. I will be changing this logic so that center will descend you to destination airport elevation + 4000 and vector you to within 15 miles of your destination and then terminate service by requesting that you "cancel IFR this frequency...". Once you cancel IFR (by pressing ALT-END), you can switch to UNICOM to make position reports. At airports that do not have an approach controller but do have a tower, I'll be doing something similar only you'll be able to switch to the tower frequency, make position reports, and receive clearance to land. At airports that do not have a departure controller but do have a tower, you'll be able to switch to the tower frequency to receive clearance to take off, but then you're on your own until you reach departure airport elevation + 3000. You can then switch to center and check in.I'm also working on handling IMC circling approaches, where you are vectored by the approach controller to a precision approach and then when the field is in sight you declare such and are given clearance to land on a suitable non-precision runway.I'm trying to map all of the permutations and make sure I've got data paths for all cases. It's fairly tedious work, but I am making progress...Cheers, Tony

Guest chezz

Sir,Just wanted to say thank you for this excellent add-on.More power.chrisphilippines

i'm a bit new at this so where does the atcextra.pod file go?mogwai

Guest tonyc

it goes in the "taxiways" folder. Do not confuse it with a folder named "taxiway". It's the one with the "s" at the end. tony