Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Needing help with Infometar v 1.01

Guest pilotsim7828

I dont know if this version is made for Fly! II, But i installed it anyway, Although I do have Fly! 2K, Which came on the Disk, And works fine with 2K, How can i load the Metar Files into Fly! II, I even Installed it in the Metar folder, And still just has the only file that`s given is README Jeff Akins

Guest DSandberg

First off, if you are running the version of InfoMETAR from the Fly2K disk, you'll need to download the updated 1.01 version from AvSim instead if you want to be able to follow the instructions below.If you actually installed the program itself into Fly II's METAR folder, that won't have helped, as you've observed. (I can't think of any reason it would hurt, although I've never tried it.)The current version of InfoMETAR (1.01) was still released before Fly II, so it wasn't specifically made for it, but it can be made to work reasonably well for Fly II by following the instructions in the FAQ thread at the top of this forum:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...m=DCForumID14#6Specifically, what you need to do for your problem is tell InfoMETAR to what default location it should be saving its METAR output files. This location is set in the Edit/Options dialog (as described in the first paragraph of the FAQ post above). InfoMETAR automatically locates earlier versions of Fly, so this dialog does not have to be set for them ... but as I said, since Fly II was released after this version, it doesn't (yet) know how to automatically find Fly II.Note that for thinning, "Minimum miles between stations" is now best set to 0 miles after the final Fly II patch, unlike the 30 miles recommended in the above FAQ post (a post which preceded the final patch ... that patch introduced some long-needed code changes to the weather interpolation routines).[table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0][tr][td width=320]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif[/td][td width=170 align=center]Godspeed to our friend, Richard Harvey.[/td][/tr][/table]

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you , David,I always thought this was a great programJeff akins