Sign in to follow this  

Batch Import

Hi Guys,I need a help please. I have MANY 3D models in .S3D format and would like to convert to .SMF format using BATCH IMPORT option from SHAPE EDITOR menu.I have all the textures and models in /MODELS folder (.S3D and .TGA)I read in a help file that I need to write a .TXT (with notepad) using this formula:s3dfilenamecramsizemodelheightI tried everything and all I got was this message:ERROR PARSING FILEwhat is ? Let's supose that I have a 3D model called aircraft.s3d in Models/folder. All the texture are there too. How can I write this batch file?Thank you VERY MUCH! I have hundreds of new 3D Models and will take too much time if I have to convert one by one manually.Keyton

Guest WilliamD

I've never tried running a batch with the Shape Editor, but with the POD file generator you have to give the path to the filename (below your main FlyII directory), for exampleModelsFilename.SMF...There's a neat little utility for making the TXT response file in Windows (95) Power Toys. It allows you to select a list of files in Windows Explorer and Send the complete path to the Clipboard as Name. Then you just Cut and Paste it into Notepad or Write. The Power Toys were for Windows 95, and I think many of them won't work with later operating systems, but you can select each one you want to try and I was able to install the Send To toy into Windows 98SE.Tab means you hit your TAB key, that moves you over a set number of spaces. It's the key above Caps Lock with the |<--- and --->| marks on it.

Dear William,Thank you! I use an utility called FILE2TXT uploaded here in AVSIM and got the shortcuts. BTW I tried a little bit harder to understand the formula and EUREKA! :-)e:Fly! IImodelscidade2.s3D 128 0where 128 is texture compression0 is for no scale, no rotateTake care,Keyton Cabral