Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Aound the world before the year is out.

Guest spenik

Hello again!After such enthusiastic reponses to my last post, I have decided to post a propsal. I would Like to try to Fly around the world. I know it will take a LONG time, but I am thinking I will give my self a year or so. First is what plane to use. I know I will neaver make it across the Pacific in a Flyhawk ( too bad) But I can't land a 737 either, let alone a 747! I was thinking of the King Air. Any other sugestions?Next is where to cross the Major oceans. The Pacific I was thinking I could go around and cross over the Bering strait. the Atlantic is a little harder. I could try to pass over Greenland and to Iceland from there, but that is a long flight! I could try a flight from Brazil to GOOY, but thats even longer!In order to get across continents, I will need a flight plan. This will be a LONG flight plan to be sure! Any Ideas as to routs and such will be welcomed.Last is where to start. I could start anywhere! Any reson to start anywhere must be considered!I heard of someone a long time ago who had flown all the way around the world once. I hope maybe I can say that too. I have a feeling that I will not be able to do this without help though, that is where youy guys come in! So what do you say?

Thought I never delved into it further than just noticing it existed. If you go to 'that other sim's' web page, they have a round the world flight plan, with various aircraft.

Guest dajackman

Check out this site http://www.earthrounders.comIt may help a little.If you do this, please keep us informed. I would love to see your progress!!! Good luck.

Guest spenik

You bet I will keep you posted! Thaks both of you for your helpfull links!

Guest WilliamD

Many moons ago, I think it was with the original version of Fly!, we had an on-line Around the World race right here. I think Avsim lost all of the old threads, but some of the old-timers might still have that flight plan.I remember we started the race in San Francisco. My King-Air made it from San Francisco to LA, and LA to Phoenix, but Fly! crashed mid-way between Phoenix and Albuquerque. All in all it was an exciting race and great fun, and several players were able to complete the entire route.

Guest Pardue802

Take a look at http://www.diabetesworldflight.com/. The guy flew around the world in a Beech Baron 58 recently. It's got his route and flightplan mapped out on there. I've done some work in writing down what airports (ICAO code) he likely visited, since he doesn't have that information on his site. I've found all but just a handful. After I get home from work this afternoon, I'll see if I can find that and post it here.Kenneth

Guest spenik

I thought Crossing over Greenland was the way to go, but down to Austrailia and across the pacific? I don't know about that. Thank you everyone for such usefull links and tips. Anyone want to fly along? I am thinking of using the PC-12. Will post my exact flight plan soon.