Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Any Fly!ers using a 256 mg video card?

Guest Lindy

I just bought and installed one of the new nVidia FX cards with 256 mgs of DDR RAM. It's one of the middle-of-the-road versions ... not a high end card. Are there any adjustments to any of the .ini files in Fly!2 that I should be looking at using a card with a lot of RAM? (I'm kinda hoping that maybe the program will adjust on its own for the extra RAM. :-shy ) Thanks-Lindy :-wave

Guest tonyc

Hei, Lindy, Is it the fx5600? I think the 256 will help you with those 256 texture slots, which include the clouds. So, your heavy weather flying should be great as well as some aiports, specifically the greek airports by PMDG, which require 1024 slots. And , of course, your dynamic scenery. So, start flying with some of these situations in mind and keep on increasing the sizes of those texture slots in your render.ini. Let us know.tony

Guest Lindy

I just got it the other day, after trying a 5200 128 mg card that didn't work as well as my GEForce 2 Ti card.When I first started Fly!2 with this new card, I had a bad moment for a bit. The load up screen froze at #2!! Just sat there.... I waited for quite a while, but finally rebooted the computer. I loaded up FS2k2 and then tried Fly!2 again. This time it loaded up just fine.I hope that first experience is not going to be a preview of trouble with the card. I'll keep your suggestions in mind... thanks.-Lindy