Sign in to follow this  

DirectX 8 Driver Error

After clicking on the button Fly in the welcome screen I get this prompt:DirectX 8 3D Driver ErrorCan't find valid video modeSo I click on OK and the game closes.What do I need to do?I have DirectX 9 installed.Please let me know.Thanks,Brandon

Guest Dean

Brandon,Did you have any other applications open when you started Fly II? I have gotten similar directx error messages when I had certain other applications open but minimized so I didn't realize it. Closing them and restarting cured the problem.

Dean:No, when I open fly I do not have any other applications open.Could it be however that it is happening because I installed Fly!2 after installing DirectX 9?Brandon

Guest Dean

Brandon,I wouldn't think so. Is this a new installation of Fly? Have you followed the installation and updating instructions for Fly2 anchored at the top of the forum? What vidio card and drivers are you using? You might also try using the non-T&L choice for DX8 at the Fly video setup screen and see if that helps. I see there is another thread going on this very topic so you might follow it also.

Dean,Thank You for your advice.I updated my video driver and Fly!2 boots up just fine.Brandon