Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Rob Westinghouse: Washington / Vancouver Scenery?

Rob:A while back, you said you were working on TerraScenery for the Washington State / Vancouver border area. I have TerraScened most of Western Washington State, but do not have the skills nor time to work on the manual effort required to get the border areas. This part of our countries are so gorgeous... little island, big mountains.... I always fly there and am always reminded that I haven't completed the ground work.What's the status? Can you post files to AVSIM? Create "project packs" like has been done for Ohio and Carolinas?Would love to see this area of North America completed.Let us know.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Rob Westhouse

Hi Dave,Well, Vancouver has kinda stalled for a while. I am back working full time for CN rail. They keep me pretty busy. I got in this morning at 7AM and will likely be out working again tonight by 11PM. This schedule has not left much time to get anything done, let alone Fly! projects. Later in July I plan to exercise my seniority back to the furlough board which means working once or twice a month. I should be able to get something done then.The Vancouver area is pretty much done, but I have to sit down and package it all up. The TerraScene Scenery will be a large download, on the order of 150MB. The full package will be in several parts that can be used with or without the TerraScene portion. There is a realignment of runways at vancouver, new taxiways, buidings taxiway signs and a fix to the coast around CYVR.It would also help if I had a newer computer. This PII-400Mhz is agonizingly slow....http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Excellent. I look forward to a nice flight one of these days soon.Best regards. Don't work too hard.-DK