Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

I know this may be off the subject

Guest pilotsim7828

I am looking for the best high rated Motherboard and Video card , ( Without spending a lot of $ )Somewhere of a 2.4 P4 CHEAPLY PLEASE,So many mobo`s , SO MANY decissions :(What do you think is a good Cheap and high rated Vid Card ? Have To buy fathers B DAY, And boy, does he need a new one :)ThanksJeffALIEN CRASHED

Guest tonyc

I had an ecs k7s5a with an amd 2100+ and a nvidia g3ti200 128,and this system gave me very good frame rates in FLY2. Today I have an asus a7n8x , and amd2100+ overclocked to 2700, and a fx5600 256 meg.both boards are considered workhorses for very little money. the exc will cost you $50 while the the asus less than 100. If you purchase a cpu that's overclockable, you will save a lot of money. the cards, well, this is your toughest choice. The ati9800 are coming down in price, but my experience has told me to go with the most powerful cpu first and then a good video card that is not the most expensive. The g4200.4600,4800 are excellent values these days without costing too much.tony

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi Steve, Yeah Crashes seem to be the norm for me lately :)And tony thanks for the info, I myself have a K7S5A 1800+, Overclockable to 2200+Although I do have 4 Operating Systems Installed and bootable Independantly on Separate HDD`s, That`s the joy of the K7S5AJeff

Guest chezz

Jeff,Mys system specsASUS A78NX DELUXAMD 2800+ATI 9800 PRO ALL IN WONDERMUSHKIN PC3200 BLACKWESTERN DIGITAL 100 GIGPSU ANTEC TRUPOWER 550FLY2chris-rpll