Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

DrawIndexedPrimitive SVertex failed

Hi folks,I've been away for a while, but I am finally getting back into Fly!ing. I'm using a Dell C840 2 GHz laptop with Geforce 440 2go 64mb and 512 mb ram. I'm patched to 240 (is there a 250 patch? I saw a reference to it, but couldn't find a 250 patch anywhere, and it lists as being at 240 on startup) When I try to increase the screen resolution to 1600 x 1200 (Default res of the laptop), I get the following error: "DrawIndexedPrimitive SVertex failed"and Fly! crashes.Any clues? Is this too high a resolution. It did load once with B200, but when I tried to switch to the ROTW PA28, I got the error again.I deleted the *.sit and *.hst files each time I tried to load.Thanks,Thomas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thomas,Try lowering the texture slots in the render.ini file or just rename it and let Fly! create one for you.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Actually, I have a GeForce 4Go 440 Card,After searching for the error, I found the problem seems to be my overlaystate (???). Whatever it was, I'm not getting the error anymore, and I am back to using the default render.ini. I'll change that later as I understand it better now. But before I do anything on that side, (performance seems fine to me so far), what I want is to use the ROTW PA28. But when I use a resolution higher than 1024x768, the views other than the front view no longer work. Since the panel screen appears to be 1400 x 1050, it works up to that resolution. I can see the fuel switch and floor screens when I switch to them, but they are screwy because they don't fill the view. The other views don't show up at all. Is this fixable? Can I extract the bitmaps, stretch them, and reinsert them? It appears they need to be at least as big as the screen resolution to work.Other than this resolution issue, I gotta say I really like Fly!II so far. After I installed the patches, which went smoothly, and I installed the PA28, I just hopped in, flew, and it felt and performed just like my own 1973 Cherokee 180 (Piper actually called it a Challenger for that year only) for all intents and purposes. I start it just like my plane, etc. etc. IOW, I really feel like I am simulating the real thing.OTOH, I recently bought FS2K4, picked up a freeware 180, and I've had nothing but problems. It flies ok, I do like the sim for its graphics, but the speed of the airplane is off, the attitude is off, etc. etc.. It just didn't give me the same feeling of reality as Fly! did. It's going to take more work up front to get it to be what Fly! already is for me (though I am pretty impressed with what I've seen of the ATC, that was very simple to use. I've only done flight following so far, though). Apparently, it is some issue with changes they made from FS2K2 to FS2K4, but fixing this plane is going to be a bear apparently.Oh well. Too bad development of Fly has stopped. Then again, it appears to still be around. I hope Fly! has the same longevity Red Baron II has had :-). I recently checked that out, and apparently development is still going strong by the user base, and I am really impressed with what they've done.Well, back to work, hope somebody can help with my view problem, I'd really like to play at a higher resolution than 1024x768 if I can,Thanks,Thomas

Thomas,Send me a message via Avsim and I'll try to walk you through the process. After you're done with it maybe you could post the detailed process here...Deal?Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Here's another issue with increasing resolution. When I increase to 1400x1050, I can't see over the panel anymore. Can you change the camera angle so the view is more appropriate?Thomas

Thomas,You sure can. For now, you can change it by using the right bracket and shift-right bracket. The only problem is that I think that it then changes the default view to that, for all aircraft. But it's easy enough to reposition.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberPS: Got your e-mail, we'll start working on this tonight, when I get back home.Athlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg