Sign in to follow this  
Guest evilwoodchuck

FLY!2 New Computer - WOW!!!!-Also Radeon Help

I just built a new computer P4 3.2ghz with a Radeon 9800XT 256meg video, 1 gig dual ddr400 RAM. I figured I'd check out FLY2 as it has been some time since I played with and I always wondered if a 256meg card would make a difference. All I can say is WOW, FLY2 rocks. I've never been able to max out all the sliders in FLY2, ever and get fps above the 20's. Now, I'm getting 70-90fps with max graphics settings and FLY2 just looks great. I can't wait to get some terrascene scenery and see how it looks with all the graphics sliders at max. All I can say is that 256megs of video RAM definitley makes a difference in FLY2. I also own another computer with a 128 meg Radeon 9800 and I can't get anywhere near these kind of fps I'm getting with the 256 meg card. I think it has to do with the 256slots in the render.ini - I've allocated a lot more slots for them. Clouds and the medium terrain textures don't hit fps as bad as before. All I can say is FLY2 is just great. It never looked so good before.I do have one question though, and I asked this before and didn't get any replies. Is there a trick to get the landing lights to work on a Radeon card with T&L enabled? The landing lights are not visible using the tridx8tl.dll renderer. If I use the regular dx8 render I can get landing lights but then the rest of the graphics look kinda crappy. Oh, and I did do a search in the forums, and I did try the original dx render - .dll files, and I also set my vertexIndexFormat to 0 and also 5 and tried every number between them to see if anything worked and nothing helps. Is there any work around to getting T&L and landing lights working on a Radeon together? thank youknader

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

yep, wish I knew how to fix them and get the nice environmental lighting with the T&L driver.knader