Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

CH products USB Yoke and Pro Peddles

Up until now my Yoke and Peddles have been working perfectly with FLY2. However recently I have been experiencing an intermittant loss and regain of the use of the yoke, buttons and peddles all at the same time on an ongoing basis for no apparent reason or sequence of use.Key commands continue to work. I run 2 copies of FLY2 on my hardrive,one for testing addons etc. This copy has been reinstalled and patched to 240 with the same problem existing.Both Yoke and Peddles seem to work perfectly with FLY! The Windows Control Panel indicates the Yoke and Peddles and USB hubs are working OK. My computer seems to be working AOK in all other respects.P111, 1.3Ghtz, 512ram, Gforce 2 64meg card ,OS win 98seI just wonder whether anyone has experienced a similar problem.I have requested a similar response from CH products.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tested these with other programs? Have tested them in the Joystick setup in Win98? I have, from time to time, experienced these problems. They were,however, always related to a driver issue, namely motherboardwin98tony

Many thanks for you response.The controllers seem to work OK with FLY!.which is less demanding if this has anything to do with it. I first noticed the problem when flying around some of the Fiords in Norway where it it said that the terrain mesh can cause frame rate problems.I had just installed some strm scenery and airports in the area with great results.That is the reason I thought I would try a completely fresh version of FLY 2 to determine whether any addons were causing the problem.Calibration seem to be OK. I have also deleted and reinstalled the USBcontrollers.Still the same problem.Could you run me by your comment re joystick setup.The drivers for the Yoke and Peddles were standard loaded from the Win 98se cdrom.One other peculiar thing.When the problem occurs I cannot get ALT TAB to the task bar to to work unless I press ALT TAB then CONTROL.Once I reinstate the program from the task bar the Yoke and peddles resume working.Can you recall whether your similar experience was with the controllers ,USB hubs or something else?I am continuing to run FLY2 to determine any other factors.An interesting but frustrating problem.Richard.