Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

Somthing I didn't know about the FMC....

that we find on the Hawker and those planes that use it, such as Giorgio's 737. If you want to load the flight plan once you are in flight without having to click "start flight plan" in the flight planning menu, I believe you can do it by following these steps:1. Enter the Fligh Plan screen 2. enter your departure airport and select it.3. enter your arrival airport and select it.4. Now the map should show both departure and destination airports.5. you can "genereta a route"6. you should now have your route displayed on the map7. Instead of clicking "start flight plan", simply exit by clicking on the cross located in the upper right corner of the screen. 8. When you get back to the aircraft, you will find the flight plan has been loaded on the FMC. This approach enables you to use all the flight planning resources without having to literally "reset" the flight.Essentially, it's point number 7 that you need to remember.I don't know if this technique is known in the FLY world, so I thought I would share it with you.tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I didn't know either, thanks for sharing. Now have to figure a way to install PMDGs FMS into the Hawker!JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi,This is really very interesting : thanks for sharing. :) With this tip, I think you can also, at every moment of your flight, select one (or several) new waypoint(s) to destination... this is to be tested, but it would be a great new possibility.Cheers

And the result of testing is.... Yeeeeeeesssssss !:-jumpy Starting for LFMN with the Hawker, no flight plan. While taxiing, I open the flight planner, I choose a departure from LFMN (Nice), destination LFMD (Cannes), with a waypoint, the NDB "NC" (Antibes).Exit from the flight planner, a glance to the FMS : my waypoint and my destination are there, HSI is on, so let's take off (04R)A long right turn, then a vertical above terrain (the controllers are busy to drink some Champagne for Ren

Good tip Tony. It is terrible when you are parked in an airport and after entering the new flight plan Fly! send you back to runway.I'll use it now on.RegardsJJLobo