Sign in to follow this  

Trouble setting idle setting on my CHPRODUCTS Flightsim

I am trying to set up a REVERSE, IDLE, FORWWARD setting on my Flightsim Yoke USB Throttle. I am using FSUIPC 2.85.My normal idle RPM for C182RG is 500 to 700 RPM.This is default.I have studied the FSUIPC USER GUIDE several times.If I try use it to set up REVERSE,IDLE, and FORWARD positions,the IDLE RPM Is too high.Would one of you fine people that have done this successfully mind teaching me (and others) how to do this?If you could send pictures of your FSUIPC PANELS, this could be very helpful. All of you are such nice folks to take the time to help the rest of us, I just want to say a BIG *** T H A N K Y O U. ***.Jim Alcorn.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could your problem be because the C182Rg does not have prop reverse thrust??? In fact, none of the recip aircraft have it AFAIK. For reverse setting, with aircraft that have it, to get the three settings, on page 1 you check Map to 4 throttles, then go to page three and set throttle one for the three settings. Should work. But for me, with that same yoke, it is a lot easier to just map the full forward and idle on page 1, then use buttons 10 (for F2) and 9 (for F1) to handle the reverse. Since there is no detent to stop you from going into reverse accidentally, you could have some "interesting" :-) results when trying to pull into idle during approach. Not sure if FS models the safety features to prevent accidental reverse while airborne. Others may have a different take on this though and if so hopefully will post a reply. Regards,Paul