Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Imagine, with the upcoming SBox...(pics)

Guest tonyc

we'll fly into weather, under live ATC! You better brush up on your navigational skills. We'll get updated Weather reports as well as automatic weather as we fly.( the saab is coming along nicely...:-))tony

Guest cord

We are ready just get the Saab out of the hangar.

Guest Qdog

What`s wrong with the version of SB I have now?Qdog

Guest tonyc

Nothing. The newer version will simply add some more neat features..., like real time weather update.tony

Guest andrewluck

Hi TonyThe weather updating has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a long while. It's worth being online to fly even if there are no controllers nearby. The representation of other aircraft is also great, but kills the framerate on my system. I remember reading somewhere about disabling the higher resolution renders for AI aircraft. Maybe this would help.The new method of autotuning the voice client is a real bonus as well. Previously, I was ducking out to ServInfo and RW to switch voice channels. Somewhat tricky if you got a late handover to the Tower controller from Approach!RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest tonyc

Andrew, try AVC in place of RW and let's do some flying together. It was exciting to see Roland waiting for me as I arrived to LAX. Also, don't forget to add all the available aircraft pods. These planes will actually show up instead of the usual Cessna. tony

Guest andrewluck

TonyWe'll try to set something up for the weekend.Once this is on general release then some Airport Fly! in's could be fun and would raise the profile of Fly! as well.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest tonyc

Sounds good to me. I've got both Vatsim and IVAo numbers and either Saturday or Sunday is fine.tony