Sign in to follow this  

Solution to My Scenery Problem Finally...Wow! Yeah!

Many have noted with passing or deep interest the problem I have had the last couple of weeks trying to get MSFS2002 to load scenery. Got the old corrupted looking characters and told by sim: Non Existant Scenery Dir. so on. Anytime looked like sim wanted to load new scenery file: same thing.( I had the pu=/? characters popping up at this time too for non existent directories).Well I made my first flight with what appears to be FULL scenery. Here is how: Finally, with the help of many of you fine pilots, I decided it was one of three things: Video Card, PC DIMMS (PC RAM) or just bad CDs. Since the Sim loaded right up and flew well with the full scenery and NO similiar problem on a 600 Duron for me. I elimnated the CDs. Now it was Video Card or DIMMS to try next. I removed all three DIMMS. Put them back and tested one at a time. Not for loading the sim each time but for general operations. Two worked fine. One had a BAD memory address. I removed it. Reinstalled the good ones. Viola! Fixed my problem. It still took about six attempts to load MSFS2002. Kept on geting locked up on something about 98 percent. Finally after alcohol wipes on the CDs, it made it. Installed. And now I have all that scenery. Wow. Isn't it great when you finally get it together. (Why and how is it you find scratches on the CDs when you have worked like the Devil to protect them from that very thing? I found plenty and have no idea how they got there.Thanks to all the ones on the forum who responded and made such good suggestions. This scenery sure looks nice.And for those wondering, I dropped from 384 MB to 128 temporarily, and the sim runs just fine.