Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

The New Squawkbox!!

Guest dajackman

Man this thing is cool. Really like the new features. If you haven't tried it yet give yourself a treat and download it now. It gives Fly2 what we have really been missing!!This was talked about a few days ago but we need to organize a fly-in using Squawkbox. I can provide a roger wilco server. I remember someone saying they can provide some ATC service. There are wonderfull airports here to download, and awsome scenery to use. Anyone interested leave a reply. I would really enjoy something like this.I'm off to find some ATC Servers!! Hope to hear a lot of interest.

Guest tonyc

Yeah, count me in.tony

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks for your comments dajackman :-scatterI'm happy to know you like it.It would be great if a new Fly! online community could grow with it.- roland -* AirFeedback 1.0 ** DragPoder 1.0 ** SquawkBox 3.1 *

Guest dajackman

Just took the TBM out for a short hop from CHO to IAD with DC Center (Voice). Man that was a lot of fun. There were about 4 other aircraft in the area. The controller was really good and easy to deal with.The latest SquawkBox for Fly2 has been downloaded 127 times. We need to get together and take over the airspace.Any suggestions on what airport we should use for a fly-in? We should choose one that we can download from here. Any ideas??

Guest Eagle

How about KIAD to KRIC??

Guest tonyc

The way I do it is to first use Servinfo to view all available active ATC centers in the world, yes the world. I then pick the area. So what we need to do first is decide on the time and find the active ATC. At that point we decide on the place. I will check at appx 12(eastern) today and see what's available and I will post it here.tony

Guest cord

Which network would you use IVAO or VATSIM ?I am thinking of an Fly in at European Airspace and would control for that time an Airport.

Guest tonyc

good question, I'll look at both. I've registration for both. Let's remember that we need a good 30 minutes for charts and other things.tony

Guest tonyc

why don't we pick a non ATC location for starters?tony

Guest Eagle

That is a good idea, Tony, as there are sure to be problems. I for one need to get used to using voice and not sure if voice will work.If Cord is a controller for IVAO that would be great as he may be able to use ATC at an airport of our choosing. IVAO is a good one to practice on, especially in the U.S. as there are very few controllers.

Guest cord

Shure I can control an airport for that time.We should use an detailed Fly II airport or other well known FS-Import scenery.Due to the time we need to have two Fly In for North America and Europe.For Europe I would prefer ETSI, it is a Fly II scenery near Munich and allows to fly from and to all other destinations.I can only control using the IVAO net.:-beerchug http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/80027.jpg

Guest dajackman

I can get a roger wilco server back up, that way we can use our own Voice server without any other aircraft on our frequency. I guess we should choose an airfield that can service any type of aircraft someone may want to arrive in. IAD will work for me. Or even DCA. Any other suggestions? We could even make this a weekly event....