Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Key Stroke Switches

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I mixed up a key stroke sender and a gauge switch in order to get a panel button that simulates the key stoke on the keyboard.This feature will be usefull with DynPart scripts and will allow to produce 3D aircraft part movement as if we were in the pilot seat.As Giorgio pointed out once, all we need now is a DynPart dll that make more kind of movements, not just a up-down.Soon in the librairies, but I need to improve the DynPart dll first.Just keep in mind this feature in your developments ... it could be handy !CheerslaurentC

Guest tonyc

Good idea, Laurent. Let me go and finish the Electra...tony

Guest laurentC

Hi all,The key stroke gauge dll is ready to go and I've yet completed many changes with the former DynPart scrit text file.The changes concerned :- the dll became a subsystem dll to avoid an Idle that needs a loop whatever plane is mounted (with or without any dynpart script)- DynPart.txt became specific to the plane. This way we can place many parts to animate without any noticeable overhaul of the CPU- the script txt file is nested now in the aircraft folder in order to pod it with the aircraft itself. No more txt files around, eh, eh !- last but not the least, for Giorgio request, we can now decide which movement we actually desire. Basically I implemented the former "open-close" movement, but also, a single "open" that starts anytime in the first frame, his inverted movement called obviously "close" that starts always in the last frame and finally a cyclic endless movement, that is a open-close repeated movement unless the key is not pressed again.I think we've got now all is needed to animate any object : other ideas ? Cheers,laurentC (rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92872.gif

Guest tonyc

Well, let's give it a few days to figure it out.;-)tony