Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Shimmering texture

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's in the mipmapping. The more, the less shimmering but less detail. Try experimenting with your video card setting and your render.ini. One line in particular has a single digit number. Try increasing this number until you find the right balance.tony

Tony,Here's my render.ini I tried increasing the miplevelcount to 20 but I still get the shimmering effect. I tried also to move the slider ind the scenery in both minimum and maximum details to the right still I get the same effect. My video card AA & AF is set to 4 x 8.any clue?thankschris_CA[Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=20maxTextures32_64=112maxTextures64_565=112maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=600maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=32maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0

what is your medium scenery setting? Also, are you referring to FLY2 generic scenery or autogen?tony

Tony,I tried all slider setting (to the lowest)I still get the shimerring. I'm testing laurent autogen, I suspect it's the autogen because without the autogen I don't get the shimerring effect.chris_CA

Chris,the models in autogen will flicker. this is being worked on currently, since they are experimental.tony

Tony,Yes the texture shimmers but also the scenery from the cockpit view shimmers when it loads.thnakschris_CA