Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

TBM 700 self installer flops

Donny AKA ShalomarAttention ROTW: I was glad when I saw the TBM had a self installer cuz I'm a plug and play kind of guy. But I couldn't see the plane on the select menu after it ran. This happened a few months ago and recently I tried again. I found the plane had been installed to a created folder on my E drive called "Fly ii". I set the folder to E Program files FLY II aircraft and the aircraft appeared at the top of my aircraft selection list. When I tried to select it I got an error message. Upon further investigation I found the entire folder including DLL's in my aircraft folder. Finally I manually put the Dll's in Modules, PC and the TBM pod in aircraft then took out the trash. Then and only then the TBM appeared in alphebetical order and could be accessed. But the frustation paid off by a magnificent rendering of a beautiful cockpit and plane. The upside of all this was I got the confidence to tackle the previously daunting task of installing the Seneca. The TBM is the ONLY aircraft in FLY 2 that keeps gyros running if U lose an engine, due 2 the separate switches. In ALL real-world planes electromechanical gyros spool up as soon as the master switch is turned on and stay on as long as U have juice or an operating vacuum pump. If U lose the port engine in the Seneca U lose gyros on the captain's AND copilot's side. The manual 4 the Seneca didn't tell me the special method 4 tuning Seneca radios. I actually haven't got around to flying the TBM cuz I luv the Seneca so much.THANK U ROTW!!! YOUR WORK IS HIGHLY APRECIATED!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!