Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Sahara/Dragonfly comparison

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I am not keen to clutter up my aircraft selection list with two of the same aircraft. The only reason I didn't delete the Dragonfly was I couldn't find the file- till a few days ago. The description in the file library said the Dragonfly was an "enhanced performance" version. I climbed the Sahara to FL 25 and set 32 MAP 2400 RPM peak CHT. I topped out at 217-223 kots groundspeed. Without touching the throttle I switched to the Dragonfly. After resetting RPM/peak and waiting for the cabin to repressurise I was doing 253 knots!!! I switched back and forth between Sahara/Dragonfly several times and the Dragonfly consistently acheived 250+ KTS with LOWER fuel burn. The Dragonfly might more accurately be called a real world performance Mailbu. But burn for both planes seemed high and varied. I started my session in the Cessna. Fluctuations in peak CHT and GPH when reentering the same aircraft suggest things are happening to aircraft files that shouldn't. But I usually cruise my unpatched Pilatus at 25 torque 25000 feet and get 243 knots. I think I may have a new favorite aircraft till Alejandro gets through with the PCXII. :-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!