Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

FAA Helicopter Manual - go get it!

Hi all,thanks to Jim McNeill of the x-plane tech mailinglist, a real-life helo pilot, I got this link to a FAA helo training manual - unbelievable what you get FOR FREE: - more than 200 pages PDF document - covers all aspects - excellent pictures, charts, graphsIf you want to know more about helo flying and how to do it right in FLY! then go get it now as long as it is available!But: ca. 10 MB to download - do it despite your slow dial-up connection!And thanks again to Jim McNeill!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ooops, how could I forget to ...But is was in the middle of the night (local time) when I posted and obviously I was too tired. Thank you Alejandro, for adding the really important thing.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Alejandro,it would be a great pleasure for me if it is something with rotorblades put on - within my timelimits, my personal experience and knowledge: though I can't count the hours anymore I spend in helos the last 15 years I AM ONLY A CREW MEMBER, NO PILOT with very little real life stick time.If that is ok, contact me via AVSIM. There might be a delay in answering as I often have to stay at work for more than 24 hours.ThanksGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW