Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Default Aircraft fix 2

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Tonite I got really brave and installed acdefaultfix.2, flyhawkfix1.zip, pilatusfix.zip and seat position fix all at the same time. acdefaultfix2 gave me a long list of files I should delete if they still exist. I am new to using Podview, is there any way to look at the entire aircraft folder at once? I went through piecemeal and found a few of the files which brings me to my second question. How do I get rid of those files as per advice? I tried right clicking on them and was told I had selected them but I couldn't figure out how to delete them. My third question is does anyone know what harm is created in leaving those files there? Everything I installed seems to work properly. I took off in the Cessna and admired the new flight model and how the seat position fix made approaches easier. The clock was easier to read which is the only mod acdefaultfix2 makes to the Cessna. I attempted to switch to the Aurora after stopping on the runway with engine still running. I then got a CTD. I reentered FLY 2 and it put me back in the Cessna on the ramp at KABE where I had started my session (not on runway 6 which was where I was at the point of CTD. BTW my startup is Persistent World). I switched to the Navaho. The seat position was adjusted, the engines counterrotated and I saw the centerpost, autothrottle and autobrake panels. I shut engines down then tried an autostart which went off without a hitch. I then switched to the Aurora with engines running, the CTD did not reoccur. I switched to the Pilatus (My FAVE!) and did a short flight that confirmed autothrottle, autobrake and seat reposition worked properly. One thing I noticed is on all aircraft I was in: The Autothrottle/autobrake digits remain lighted with the master switch is off. I wonder if that will change once I delete the files I should delete. Overall I am very pleased with the improvements in FLY, none of the fixes seem to conflict with each other. One of the reasons I got so brave is I plan to reload FLY 2 anyway when I get my ROTW DVD. Just in case acdefaultfix2.zip is not incorporated I want to learn how to delete the suggested files if I have to apply this fix again.Thanx in advance for your advice.:-wave

Guest Fly II Pilot

Donny,I personally chose not to use the autothrottle and autobrake part of the fix, just because it's not realistic.You can't use Podview to delete files from the POD, you'd have to create a response file of the POD (using the built-in File Manager by starting FlY! II while pressing and holding the CTRL key), unpod (checking the option to recreate the directory structures, edit the response file and delete the unwanted files, and repod using the modified response file. Then you'd have to go to the respective folders where the files were unpodded to, and delete them.By the way, once I'm done with all the fixes, I'll probably incorporate all of the mentioned fixes (seat position, counter rotating props, etc.).Take care,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I said I saw the autobrake and autothrottle panels in the Navaho, I didn't say I used them! You're right they are out of place in piston aircraft but I can always choose not to use them. They fit right in in the Hawker, do any "Heavies" use autothrottle/autobrake in FLY 2?My ROTW DVD is on the way and I plan to do a reload to celebrate when it arrives. I don't see what harm the files earmarked for deletion are doing but the instructions must be for a reason. Any ideas?Thanx, Donny:-wave