Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cadd47

Glad to be back.

Guest Cadd47

After a long time of being away. I'm glad to report that I am back and hope to be around for some time. Several factors played into my not being here. One being mainly the system I had at the time just wasn't up to par to run FLYII. Along with the fact that I under went major heart surgery in Nov 2003. Luckily I pulled through it but came away having to file for disability. Enough of the small talk. It's been over 5 years since I have installed FlyII. So I went to the FAQ tips for users. I've downloaded all of the patches except for the 250 patch. I can't seem to access it when clicking on it to download, tells me I don't have access. I read in another post about a problem with cookies and I.E. So I tried usng Firefox to get it with and still a no go. Any ideas or suggestions?I'm able to login with both browsers. Just can't get the 250 patch.

Guest Cadd47

Sorry to reply to my own post. lol But I found out that I was mistaken with 250 patch. Upon doing some seaching here I found my answer. While I'm here I want to say a big WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! In response to the graphics and resolution of FlyII now that I have a new video card and more ram on board. It really makes a big difference with no stutters or hiccups. Now to go and download everything I use to have installed. Over 5 gb at one time. Not sure if anyone here remembers me or not but I use to be really active here. Was one of the early beta testers for FlyII and spent a lot of hours helping out with some of the bugs early on. Also noticed a problem with I.E. 6.0 I use for my browser. Seems that I can't stay logged in with it. So I used Firefox to make this post with. Is there a fix for I.E. users or what? Not complaining just wonder if there is a way around it.

Guest Colins2

Hi,Sure, I remember you :-)Funny thing about IE6?I have that same problem with Firefox!Using Mozilla I don't get any problems at all.I thought I'd try Firefox as I don't need all the extra functions of Mozilla.Logging in is a pain and if it works, which isn't always, I never stay logged in.I've stopped using IE completely due to pop-ups etc.(And, yes, I've tried just about all of the pop-up managers)Welcome back!Colin

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Colin, hi Cadd47,I am using Firefox (and Thunderbird, of course) since the late Betas. No problem at all. At the moment I use Version 1.0.3 with Windows XP Home.But I had not problems with IE, was just a matter of security.Could it be a problem with the Web features configuration of Firefox you have? I have Java and Java Script checked.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW